Blue Reef aims to take children on a journey to explore the drama of the British coast, the underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the dazzling beauty of a spectacular coral reef. Over 40 living displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep; from sharks and lobsters to seahorses and tropical fish.
A Blue Reef Educational Visit Offers;
• Rockpool Encounter – A chance to get up close to some of our more sturdy Rockpool creatures that we have here on site.
• Shark Workshop – See some genuine Shark Artefacts at close hand; learn all about different types of shark and whether they deserve their man-eater reputations?
Curriculum Themes – Blue Reef welcomes more than 40,000 school children each year making it one of the largest marine-based educational resources for schools and colleges.
Every visit can include a guided tour or practical workshops with a member of our aquarist team. These tours are adapted to the age and abilities of each group.
– Food chains – What’s eating you?
– Pollution – It’s a dirty business
– Myths and Legends – Fantastic Creatures
– Habitats – Home Sweet Home
– Camouflage – Masters of Disguise
We can also tailor tours to your specific requirements. Please call us on 02392 875222 or email us HERE for prices and more information.
Outreach – If you can’t come to the aquarium, let us come to you!
• Our interactive Rockpool Roadshows can be brought right into your classroom to bring the seashore to life. Meet a variety of rockpool animals you may encounter on our shores, including crabs, starfish and more.