Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings is uniquely placed in the heart of the largest beach launched fishing community in the UK providing a wealth of educational material for children of all key stages.
A school visit to Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings takes children on a journey, starting around the shores of the United Kingdom coming face to face with lobsters, seahorses, sharks and rays before continuing into tropical waters to explore bizarre pufferfish, giant octopus, deadly lionfish and of course “Nemo” the colourful clownfish! An extra surprise also awaits with our Remarkable Reptiles which allows children to get up close to snakes and lizards.
£4.70 per child off peak September to April
£5.00 per child peak May to August
An educational trip to Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings has so much to offer:
- Free teacher pre-familiarisation visit
- All weather visit
- Goody bags from the gift shop to suit any budget from £1.00 upwards (available upon request)
- Free teacher places based on the following ratios:
- 1 to 4 Nursery Groups
- 1 to 6 Primary Education School Groups
- 1 to 10 Secondary Education School Groups.
For more information or to book email [email protected] We will need preferred date and time of visit, number of children, number of teachers and if you wish to book the guided tour at an additional cost.
GUIDED EDUCATIONAL TOUR
For an extra £1.50 per pupil our aquarists can take you on a guided tour of the aquarium
The tour lasts approximately 45 minutes – the children will be led by one of our friendly aquarists on the ultimate undersea safari learning about the marine life in each of our exciting zones – from native fish found around the UK to colourful tropical species from around the world. They will explore our jungle discovery zone packed full of creepy crawlies and remarkable reptiles. The aquarists will ensure the children take a wealth of knowledge back to the classroom.
- Please contact our team to discuss how we can make your school visit even better on 01424 444412 or via email at [email protected]
DownloadRisk assessments information 1Risk assessments information 2
Terms and Conditions
- All schools must pay the full balance of the visit on arrival at Blue Reef Aquarium Cash, Credit cards or school cheque are all accepted (with the exception of American Express).
An Invoice may be raised with prior arrangement and must be paid in full before the date of the visit. A receipt will be provided on the day.
- Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis and you are strongly advised to book early for peak periods (May, June and July).
- Blue Reef is not responsible for personal items damaged or lost within the attraction or surrounding ground and car park, other than in circumstances covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
- All groups are advised to take out their own personal insurance for out-of-school visits and activities.
- Blue Reef Aquarium would like to remind all visitors that for operational or other circumstances, certain exhibits, attractions or facilities may be unavailable at any time.
- Blue Reef reserves the right to ask any individual or party to leave the premises if they are causing disruption or acting in a way that offends or disturbs other visitors. No monies will be refundable in this event.