A member of our knowledgeable team of aquarists can accompany your group on a fun, fact-packed tour around displays, identifying creatures, their habitats and highlighting unusual features – PLEASE CALL SITES FOR MORE INFORMATION AND PRICES
Why not take your youth group on a trip to Blue Reef and enjoy a guided tour or a workshop? Ask about our special events programme ranging from Shark Week at Whitsun to Monsters Week for October Half Term and join in our special tours and workshops.
Over 25,000 language school students visit Blue Reef every year. It’s a great addition to any programme of activities with the added attraction of a guided tour. The aquarium also provides a fun learning opportunity along with plenty of great visual entertainment. As well as the displays area, Blue Reef has an attractive café serving a variety of hot and cold food along with a well-stocked gift shop with something for all ages.
Blue Reef welcomes many groups from the scouting and guiding movement. We offer packages for Cubs and Beavers to complete their badges here at Blue Reef and can also offer Rockpool Encounters and Shark Workshops. Visits can be tailored to meet your needs, for an evening visit or if you would like to spend all day with us and enjoy our Beach Club and Splash Play in the summer. We also offer special goodie bags and can provide kids lunchboxes on request.
Why not have your next parent & toddler session at the aquarium? A special rockpool encounter can be arranged guaranteed to interest toddlers and the aquarium is specially designed so even smaller ones in push-chairs still get a great view! Every Tuesday in our off peak season (November – March exc. school hols) is Toddler Tuesday with special tours and encounters for parents and little ones, also offering Seaside Storytime or exclusive baby business guests in our café.
We are also available as a venue for evening events. This includes guided tours and workshops. Packages are tailored to meet each group’s specific requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1. All schools must pay the full balance of the visit on arrival at Blue Reef Aquarium Cash and Credit cards are accepted (with the exception of American Express).
An Invoice may be raised with prior arrangement and must be paid in full before the date of the visit. A receipt will be provided on the day.
2. Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis and you are strongly advised to book early for peak periods (May, June and July).
3. Blue Reef is not responsible for personal items damaged or lost within the attraction or surrounding ground and car park, other than in circumstances covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
4. All groups are advised to take out their own personal insurance for out-of-school visits and activities.
5. Blue Reef Aquarium would like to remind all visitors that for operational or other circumstances, certain exhibits, attractions or facilities may be unavailable at any time.
6. Blue Reef reserves the right to ask any individual or party to leave the premises if they are causing disruption or acting in a way that offends or disturbs other visitors. No monies will be refundable in this event.