Visitor Safety Amid Coronavirus
- Bluereef Portsmouth
Plan your visit
Visitor Safety Amid Coronavirus
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Blue Reef Aquarium in Southsea Portsmouth.
The Health and safety of our staff and guests has always been our number one priority. To help ensure you have a Fishtastic visit we have introduced some new processes and procedures.
We are very pleased to have been awarded the Visit England We’re Good to Go charter mark which verifies that we have all the processes in place to ensure the health and safety of our guests and staff and that we have met all the government guidance in place.
Have a read through of our customer charter to see what we have put in place before your visit
Thank you so much for visiting Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth. Please help us to keep you and the Blue Reef Aquarium team safe during your visit by observing the following measures:
Before you arrive
- Please only visit Blue Reef Aquarium if you feel well, if you have any of the following symptoms such as a fever, a new and persistent cough or a change to your sense of smell or taste, please do not enter- please do not put our team and other visitors at risk.
- To minimise contact at our reception desk we recommend purchasing your tickets in advance *here* and printing your ticket at home
When you arrive
- In line with government guidance face coverings must be worn in indoor settings except in areas designated for eating and drinking . Children under aged 11 are not required to wear face coverings. Additionally other exemptions apply.
- Due to the latest Government guidance we are only able to admit groups of up to 6 people together unless you are of the same household or support bubble. Please be prepared to social distance from the rest of your group if visiting outside these exceptions.
- Face coverings may be removed when outside in our Blue Reef Beach club but must be replaced when re-entering the building.
- Please be aware that there will be unavoidable queuing and an increase in waiting times during your visit, please be patient- this is new to us too, we are doing our best to ensure we keep our visitors and team members safe.
- We ask all our guests to sanitise their hands on arrival at the reception ‘Hand Cleaning Station’, hand hygiene is essential; please make use of the extra hand cleaning stations around the aquarium.
- Please observe 2m separation with our team members unless we have provided a screen. In the aquarium, if you need assistance from a team member please raise your hand and do not approach them. We will be happy to help.
- At tills can we ask that only one member of your group approaches the counter and you adhere to queue position guidance.
During your visit to Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth
- Due to guidance, we have reviewed our talks and feed schedule and made changes to ensure we keep our visitors and aquarium team safe, please see information regarding this on the talks programme.
- We have a one-way route around the aquarium and marked positions to give you guidance on self distancing from others whilst you are with us. You will see signs around the exhibits that say ‘please wait here until the next area is clear’, please only move on to the next area or exhibit when the previous visitors have moved on and the area is clear.
- Please leave all pushchairs and prams (if possible) in the buggy park to allow extra space for social distancing
- Please remain in your visiting group and keep together around our exhibits. We expect excited children, but keep them close.
- Please make a conscious effort to ensure you and all members of your group avoid where possible the touching of hard surfaces including aquarium glass.
- At our till points our preferred method of payment is by card.
- Contactless card payment is ideal.
Let us know if you have any concerns and have a great visit!