We are looking for people to join the Visitor Services Volunteer Scheme at Blue Reef Aquarium, Tynemouth.
We are looking for enthusiastic and energetic people that have spare time available and would like to help out at Blue Reef Aquarium. You will meet new people and learn new skills through working with a whole host of different animals.
If you would like to apply to become Visitor Services Volunteer please complete the application form, we will provide all the training you will require, all we need from you is willingness to learn and a smile!
- Helping the team of Aquarists look after the animals and marine Life
- Maintaining the aquarium and grounds
- Helping the team with education workshops, daily talks and rockpool encounters
- Help with events, beach cleans and conservation days
- Help look after our visitors and ensure they have memorable and enjoyable visits
- Helping visitors and answering any questions they may have
What is in it for you?
- Hands on experiences
- Unique opportunities
- Enhance you skills and develop new ones
- Be part of a fun team
- Free entry to the aquarium when you are not volunteering
- Transferable skills
- Social Events
- Opportunities to learn and develop in areas of your interest
Before applying please consider:
- Volunteers must be 18+; there is no upper age limit.
- We require a minimum commitment of one day per month, but you can volunteer as much time as you like.
- We can not pay any expenses; this includes travel so please ensure you can reach us easily.
- The volunteer scheme is run during school holiday periods and weekends, however if you have time available there may be week day/off peak volunteering available.
- Volunteers must provide sensible shoes and navy blue, cargo/combat trousers, a polo shirt will be provided.
Prior to starting your volunteering you will be invited to an induction day to learn about the scheme and the training you will be given.
Full training will be provided and you will be given support by our highly qualified team.
Volunteer Application Form
Please return this form to [email protected] or post to:
Blue Reef Tynemouth, Grand Parade, Tynemouth, NE30 4JF.