Following government guidance, during closure Blue Reef Aquarium meticulously reviewed every part of the visitor journey and has undertaken new measures to ensure everyone has an enjoyable yet safe experience with us.
Following a thorough clean of the attraction, our new safety measures on opening include:
- Visitor guidance on arrival
- Limited capacity with pre-booked tickets only to help social distancing
- Enhanced cleaning routines
- Regular hand sanitising stations
- Clear signage throughout
- Sneeze screens on till points
- Protective equipment for staff
- One way journey around the Aquarium and shop
- Reduced seating in cafe area to help social distancing
- Reduced touch points throughout
- Mandatory track and trace in place
- Mandatory face coverings
- Admit groups no larger than 6 (unless visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than 6).
While we have worked hard to put these safety measures in place, we all need one another to adhere to our guidelines. If you’re planning to visit Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay please take a moment to read through our customer charter below:
Please click here to read Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay’s COVID-19 Charter
- Do I have to wear a face covering?
As per government guidance, face coverings are mandatory at all indoor indoor attractions. If you have forgotten your face covering disposable masks are available to purchase on arrival. Those aged under 11 years or medically exempt do not need to wear a face covering.
- Do I have to book onto a date/time slot to visit?
Yes, please pre-book your dated ticket online. This is in place to help maintain a safe number of visitors to the Aquarium each day. Please click here to pre-book your tickets now.
- Can I come as part of a group?
We can only admit groups of up to 6 people (unless visiting as a household or support bubble which is larger than 6) as per the government guidance.
- Will you still be running talks and feeds?
We will not running talks and feeds at the moment due to social distancing. Aquarists will still be performing normal routine feeds throughout the day and you are welcome to ask questions.