Blue Reef aims to take children on a journey to explore the drama of the British coast, the underwater gardens of the Mediterranean and the dazzling beauty of a spectacular coral reef.
Over 40 living displays reveal the sheer variety of life in the deep; from sharks and lobsters to seahorses and tropical fish.
A Blue Reef Educational Visit Offers:
- Free teacher pre-familiarisation visits
- Workshops or guided tours tailor-made to meet your needs
- All weather visits
- Specialist themed gift shop with goodie bags upon request
Workshops – Our interactive workshops provide a fun and educational finish to one of our curriculum visits. For a small additional charge you can add any of these activities to your. For more information please CONTACT US
- Rockpool Encounter – A chance to get up close to some of our more sturdy Rockpool creatures that we have here on site.
- Shark Workshop – See some genuine Shark Artefacts at close hand; learn all about different types of shark and whether they deserve their man-eater reputations?
- Seashore Safari – (Tide Dependant) Get hands on with a spot of Rockpooling on Towan Beach, led by one of our Marine Experts to help identify whatever you find!
Curriculum Themes – Blue Reef welcomes more than 40,000 school children each year making it one of the largest marine-based educational resources for schools and colleges.
Every visit can include a guided tour or practical workshops with a member of our aquarist team. These tours are adapted to the age and abilities of each group.
Covering Science key stages 1 – 4 some of our most popular themes are:
- Food chains – What’s eating you?
- Pollution – It’s a dirty business
- Habitats – Home Sweet Home
- Camouflage – Masters of Disguise
- Hunters – Predators in the aquarium and how they hunt
- Reproduction – The Mating Game
We can also tailor tours to your specific requirements. Please call us on 01637 878134 or Email Blue Reef Newquay for more information
Outreach – If you can’t come to the aquarium, let us come to you!
- Our interactive workshops can be brought right into your classroom to bring the seashore to life. Meet a variety of rockpool animals you may encounter on our shores, including crabs, lobsters, starfish and more.
- The Cornish Coastline offers a whole host of different seashore environments, book for one of our marine experts to join you on a trip to the beach where they can be on hand to help find and identify the myriad of rockpool creatures you may encounter.
Health and Safety – Please visit the Download section to download copies of our risk assessments. We do offer free pre-familiarisation visits so call us on 01637 878134 or email us to find out more information.
Terms and Conditions
- All schools must pay the full balance of the visit on arrival at Blue Reef Aquarium Cash and Credit cards are accepted (with the exception of American Express).
An Invoice may be raised with prior arrangement and must be paid in full before the date of the visit. A receipt will be provided on the day.
- Bookings are taken on a first come, first served basis and you are strongly advised to book early for peak periods (May, June and July).
- Blue Reef is not responsible for personal items damaged or lost within the attraction or surrounding ground and car park, other than in circumstances covered by our Public Liability Insurance.
- All groups are advised to take out their own personal insurance for out-of-school visits and activities.
- Blue Reef Aquarium would like to remind all visitors that for operational or other circumstances, certain exhibits, attractions or facilities may be unavailable at any time.
- Blue Reef reserves the right to ask any individual or party to leave the premises if they are causing disruption or acting in a way that offends or disturbs other visitors. No monies will be refundable in this event.